1950s - Workers Building a Stone Wall in Stough Park
Workers construct a stone wall in Stough Park in the 1950s. According to the Burbank Parks and Recreation Department, Stough Canyon Park originated in 1916 as a gift to the city of over 128 acres to be used exclusively as public parkland from real estate developer Oliver J. Stough. Improvement of the upper portion, known as “Inspiration Point,” began in 1934 and, by 1950, included facilities for picnics and camping as well as a wading pool. Many of these facilities were removed in 1958 when the city appropriated additional surrounding land and construction of the nearby DeBell golf course commenced.
1335 Lockheed View Drive, Burbank 91504
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Parks and RecreationBuilding and ConstructionConstruction WorkersMasonryRocksStone wallsTreesMen1950s
7¾ x 9½ b&w negative
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata