1940s - Construction of the Public Service Department Administration Building
Photo taken during the construction of the Burbank Public Service Department administration building. Building began in January, 1948, and was completed in July, 1949. Built at a cost of $500,000, the two-story, air-conditioned structure was part of a $6-million construction program planned by Public Service Department General Manager James H. McCambridge. The building was dedicated August 11, 1949. The Public Service Department, formed in 1913, changed its name to Burbank Water and Power in 2001.
Burbank, CA164 W. Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, 91502
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Energy facilitiesBuildings -- PublicPublic Service DepartmentDepartment of Water and PowerConstruction1940s
4 x 5 b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata