1927 - Thomas Edison School
According to 1967's "A History of Burbank" by the Burbank Unified School District, "[In 1919] Thomas A. Edison School was built on San Fernando Road between Magnolia Boulevard and Palm Avenue. This building was used as a school until the earthquake of 1933. For a time after that it was used as an administration building. In 1941, the administrative offices were moved across Magnolia Boulevard to the Luther Burbank School building. The Edison School property was later sold, the buildings torn down, and business structures were erected." A new Thomas A. Edison elementary school was built at 2110 W. Chestnut St. in 1940, according to Burbank's Citywide Historic Context Report.
326 N San Fernando Blvd Burbank, California, 91506
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Schools--PublicBuildingsElementary SchoolsThomas Edison Elementary School1920s
7½ x 9½ b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata