Back of Burbank City Hall 1940s
Parked automobiles and a gas pump behind City Hall. Burbank’s City Hall was designed by architects William Allen and W. George Lutzi in a Streamline Moderne style, a type of Art Deco architecture (also sometimes described as “WPA Moderne”) that became popular in the 1930s and 1940s. Ground was broken on Olive Avenue, across the street from the old city hall, in 1941 and construction was completed in 1943. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
275 E Olive Ave, Burbank, CA 91502
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)1940sArt decoAutomobilesAutomobile parkingBuildingsCity hallsGasoline pumpsParking lots
8” x 10” b&w print
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata