1943 - Engineering Department at City Hall
Interior view of the Engineering Department at City Hall in 1943. Burbank’s City Hall was designed by architects William Allen and W. George Lutzi in the Streamline Moderne style, a type of Art Deco architecture (also sometimes described as “WPA Moderne”) that became popular in the 1930s and 1940s. Ground was broken across the street from the old city hall in 1941 and construction was completed in 1943. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. Notes on rear of photo: “4534-2. 0353. Engineering City of Burbank 1943."
275 E Olive Ave, Burbank, CA 91502
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Buildings--CivicArchitectureDesksFiling cabinetsDrafting TablesInterior DecorCeiling LampsOfficesCity HallsCity Staff1940s
7½ x 9¾ b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata