1940s - City Hall Judge's Office
An interior view of a judge’s office inside Burbank City Hall. The city’s municipal and police courts operated out of City Hall until 1954, when the newly constructed Los Angeles County Courthouse opened across the street and the courts' functions were moved to the new facility. City Hall was designed by architects William Allen and W. George Lutzi in the Streamline Moderne style, a type of Art Deco architecture (also sometimes described as “WPA Moderne”) that became popular in the 1930s and 1940s. Ground was broken across the street from the old city hall in 1941 and construction was completed in 1943. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. Notes from rear of photo: "4534-9. 0364. City Hall - Judge office circa 1940s."
275 E Olive Ave, Burbank, CA 91502
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Buildings--CivicCity HallsChairsDesksOffice FurnitureInterior DecorArchitectureMunicipal Courts1940s
7½ x 9¾ b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata