1930s - Moreland Truck Company Factory
Aerial view of the Moreland Truck Company Factory. In 1917 Watt L. Moreland was planning to move his business to Alhambra, California. When Burbank city officials heard about this news they offered Moreland 25 acres of land free of cost, located on the corner of San Fernando Blvd. and Alameda Ave. The city of Burbank raised $25,000 to pay for the land, buildings were constructed and the truck company moved in. The factory was still surrounded by acres of farms. Due to wartime shortages the plant had to close in 1940. The Moreland buildings were later used by the Vega Aircraft Corporation. This image came from a collection of images donated by the Delores Palmer Estate. She was a BUSD employee for many years and authored the book "A History of Burbank."
San Fernando Road and Alameda Avenue
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Buildings -- IndustrialFactoriesTransportationTrucks -- TruckingAerial photographs1930s
8x9 b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata