1910s - Leslie Brand's Estate and Airport in Glendale
Leslie Brand built his own grass airstrip below his mansion. He built his first hangar in 1916, put together a fleet of planes, and held fly-in parties. The only requirement was that guests had to arrive in their own planes and bring passengers. Negative envelope is marked "Brand's Castle & Airport, Grandview Ave - Glendale." This image came from a collection of images donated by the Delores Palmer Estate. She was a BUSD employee for many years and authored the book "A History of Burbank."
Grandview Avenue, Glendale, 91202
Glendale (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Brand, LeslieAirportsAirplanesHomes -- EstatesStreetsDirt RoadsAutomobilesAerial photographs1910s
3" x 2.5" b&w negative
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata