1953 - McCambridge Park Dedication
McCambridge Park was named for James H. McCambridge, Public Service Department General Manager (1925-1952) and Burbank City Manager (1952). The park had been known in the late 1930s as Civic Center Park and was renamed Glenoaks Park in 1942. It became McCambridge Memorial Park in 1953. From notes on photo: “McCambridge Park dedication 1953.” Plaque reads "In Grateful Acknowledgement For the Best Years of a Lifetime of Devotion to Public Service In the Development and Distribution of Water Light and Power This Public Area Is Dedicated And Shall Be Known For All Time As McCambridge Memorial Park In Honor Of James H. McCambridge, General Manager Public Services Department 1891-1952"
1515 N Glenoaks Blvd, Burbank, CA 91504
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Parks and RecreationPlaques, plaquettesPark FacilitiesUrban ParksMcCambridge Park1950s
7.5x9.5 b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata