1942 - WPA Olive Park Recreation Building
From notes on photo: “1942-WPA. Olive Park Recreation bldg.” The Olive Recreation Center was built in 1942 using joint funds from the City of Burbank and the Federal government. It served as a United States Organization (USO) Headquarters during World War II, then was purchased by the City of Burbank and incorporated into what is now George Izay Park.
1111 W. Olive Avenue, Burbank, 91506
Burbank (Los Angeles County, Calif.)Parks and RecreationPark facilitiesUrban ParksWorks Progress AdministrationBuildings -- Public1940s
4 x 5 b&w print
Burbank Public Library, Burbank in Focus Office
City Clerk's Office
MODS XML metadata • Dublin Core XML metadata